Of late, the popularity of adult tricycles has been on the rise. This is especially witnessed among the seniors and boomers who want to enjoy the outdoors while still exercising their bodies. This special kind of cycle provides better stability and balance courtesy of its three wheels offers better support and comfort, and some come in an easy-to-fold design.
To keep up with the rising demand, different tricycles have been launched into the market. In these top 10 best adult tricycles in 2017 review, we will first focus on a review list of the best tricycles on the market and thereafter the buying guides.
See more: 10 Advantages of Biking Adult Tricycles
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Adult Tricycles Review
- 10. Komodo Cycling ATRAVEN 24″, 6-speed Adult Tricycle
- 9. 26″ Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle
- 8. Schwinn Hampton 26-Inch Tricycle, Dark Blue
- 7. Worksman Port-o-Trike Three Speed Adult Tricycle Blue
- 6. Mantis Tri-Rad Folding Adult Tricycle
- 5. Komodo Cycling 24″, 6-speed Adult Tricycle
- 4. Razor DXT Drift Trike
- 3. Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle
- 2. Kent Adult Westport Folding Tricycle
- 1. Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel Bike
Top 10 Best Adult Tricycles Review
Enough talk now, lets us get right into business. The review below highlights some of the best adult tricycles that we’ve identified.
10. Komodo Cycling ATRAVEN 24″, 6-speed Adult Tricycle
- Merchant: Komodo Cycling
Enjoy the outdoors with this Raven-styled tricycle by Komodo. Measuring 43 x 27 x 11 inches and weighing about 60 pounds, this stylish cycle can handle users weighing up to 240 pounds. The low-clearance cycle comes in an easy and simple design that allows a person to easily get on or off easily.
It’s made from high-quality stainless steel and alloy materials and comes with a 6-speed Shimano gear for smooth and effective gear change. The large alloy wheels together with 32-spoke chain wheel make the ride smooth and very quiet while the large size wire basket allows you to carry stuff.
Consumers love its low profile, easy to get on/off design, simplicity, smoothness, stability, durability and easy assembly. A few, however, complain that it’s not foldable.
9. 26″ Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle
- Merchant: Meridian Adult Tricycle
This 26-inch tricycle is targeted at adults who desire comfort, stability, and safety when riding outdoors. The 69-pound cycle consists of a light but sturdy aluminum frame and measures 11 x 52 x 31 inches.
It features ergonomic and easy to adjust handlebars and seat. The comfortable seat/saddle offers good support and minimizes cases of aches and pain thanks to the good padding and shock absorbing mechanism. For smooth riding and simplicity, this item comes in a single speed while the linear-pull brakes offer good stopping power.
In addition to its simplicity, basic design, and rear folding basket, consumers love its sturdiness and comfort. However, many don’t like the idea of having to assemble it.
8. Schwinn Hampton 26-Inch Tricycle, Dark Blue
- Merchant: Pacific Cycle (Over-Boxed Product)
Coming in a dark blue color, the Pacific Cycle by Schwinn is perfect for any adult including boomers and seniors. It features a well-made and sturdy 16-inch aluminum frame that can support even heavy riders.
The light bike weighs about 70 pounds, measures 11.5 x 31 x 50.5 inches, and comes with a low stand. The cruise styling together with swept back handlebars and well-padded saddles make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable.
Users also praise this item for its light and sturdy alloy wheels, 26-inch wheels, lightweight, and easy riding. Unfortunately, it only comes in a single speed and the instructions aren’t very detailed.
7. Worksman Port-o-Trike Three Speed Adult Tricycle Blue
- Merchant: Worksman Cycles
Although only weighing 70 pounds and measuring 15 x 15 x 20 inches, this aluminum-made tricycle can support users as heavy as 215 pounds. The highly stable and well-balanced trike features 20-inch 36-spoke wheels, 5.5-inch forged crank and is powered by a 3-speed gear system.
It comes with a user-friendly step that is perfect for users as short as 4 feet and as tall as 6 feet. The portable and light piece can easily be mounted on a car rack. Adults, both young and old will find this elegant metallic blue trike worth buying.
Users love the easy pedaling, smooth ride, easy assembly, and easy to get on design. Some don’t like its very basic nature and the not-so-clear instructions.
6. Mantis Tri-Rad Folding Adult Tricycle
- Merchant: Mantis
With this silver/blue colored adult tricycle, riding with your spouse or on your own will be more enjoyable and exciting. The bike’s frame and fork are made from quality stainless steel while the rims are made from sturdy aluminum.
It measures 30 x 43 x 64 inches, weighs 45 pounds and has a stand-over height of 19 inches. The simple design makes getting on and off easy and simple whereas the large and padded saddle offers good support and comfort.
It features on these top 10 best adult tricycles in 2017 review because it’s well-made, simple to ride, looks awesome, foldable and is well-balanced. However, it missed the top spot because the instructions aren’t very clear and assembling isn’t very simple.
5. Komodo Cycling 24″, 6-speed Adult Tricycle
- Merchant: Komodo Cycling
The Komodo adult tricycle comes in an elegant maroon/white color and has a shipping weight of about 67 pounds. This aluminum bike measures 11 x 26 x 43 inches.
The 24-inches tribe comes with a comfortable and sturdy seat, 6-speed Shimano gear system, and a large wire basket. The low clearance makes getting on or off easy while the decent-sized fenders protect the rider from dirt, dust, and other flying debris.
It’s a good buy because it looks amazing, offers a smooth ride, and the gear system is very reliable. The only problem is it needs assembly before use and it’s a little heavy.
4. Razor DXT Drift Trike
- Merchant: Razor
Those bold enough to experience a bit of adrenaline rush should opt for this multi-colored trike. Made from high-quality stainless steel and featuring BMX-style platform, this cycle offers great speeds thanks to its electric motor and rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It comes in a very low profile for added stability, better control, and safety.
Measuring about 9.45 x 13.58 x 16.93 inches, the quality trike only weighs 8.8 pounds and comes with an easy-to-carry and store design. Its positives include fast performance, easy to assemble, and strong construction. The downside is that it’s a bit low on the ground and may be a bit too sporty or fast for some seniors.
3. Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle
- Merchant: Schwinn
Add some fun and excitement to your life by acquiring this slate blue-colored tricycle. It measures 31 x 11 x 52 inches, weighs less than 70 pounds, and is made of high-grade aluminum. The stylish and well-balanced cycle comes with 24-inch wheels, cruiser style handlebars and wraps fenders.
It features a comfortable and well-padded Springer seat that can easily be adjusted using the built-in quick release mechanism. It’s a wonderful tricycle because it’s easy to assemble, rides smoothly, and the parts are of high quality. The only shortcoming is that it is a bit heavy and assembly is needed.
2. Kent Adult Westport Folding Tricycle
- Merchant: Kent
The Kent Adult Westport tricycle is popular with many adults including young, seniors and boomers. It’s loved for many reasons including its stylish and trendy blue color, strong steel frame, and stable and well-balanced design.
The item comes with 20-inch wheels, user-friendly linear pull brakes, and easy folding designing for better storage and portability. The padded saddle and quality suspension fork provide a comfortable, smooth and stable ride while the rear cargo basket offers a good storage/ holding point.
This tricycle almost made it to the top because of its solid engineering, smoothness, comfort, easy folding, and safety. Issues that deprived it of the top position include its large size that takes up a bit of space.
1. Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel Bike
- Merchant: Schwinn
Adults weighing up to 300 pounds should consider this black cherry tricycle by Schwinn Meridian. It’s made from high-quality light aluminum and weighs about 70 pounds. The elegant cycle features three 26-inch wheels, a folding rear basket, front linear pull brake, and rear handbrake. To offer a smooth ride, it comes with a single speed while the quality and well-padded saddle provide the desired comfort and stability.
People like the 31.5 x 12 x 51.5-inch cycle because it’s easy to ride, very comfortable, the ride is very smooth, it’s well-balanced, stylish and also stable. Others nonetheless complain that it isn’t very fast.
Adult Tricycles Buying Guide:
Before spending money on an adult tricycle, you should pay attention to the following:
- Size: It’s vital to choose a cycle that isn’t too big or too small. The correct size is influenced by your height, weight, and age as well.
- Comfort: Tricycles generally are used for cruising and riding slowly through the streets. A good type comes with a decently sized seat/saddle that provides good comfort. The suspension will also reduce the shocks, road vibrations, and impact.
- Weight: Top tricycles are lightweight but very strong thanks to sturdy materials like aluminum. They also come with tough welds and seams to support heavy users without breaking.
- Ease of use: The item comes in a simple design and is easy to use by first time users and seasoned riders. The chain link, suspension, tires, and saddle all play a part in making the cycle user-friendly.
- Stability: The right tricycle comes in a good design and wheels and offers optimum support and balance. A poorly balanced bike will not only affect the enjoyment and stability but is also risky.
- Type: Different types of tricycles are available in the market and the suitability of each varies from user to user. The most common are electric, folding, semi-recumbent, low step, chopper, heavy duty and double tricycle.
- Gears: Basic bicycles come with a single gear and don’t require changing in different terrains. tricycles, however, require more effort to go uphill or on inclines. The higher the gears the easier and smoother the ride. Nonetheless, the user needs to know when to change the gears and this may be a challenge to new users.
- Safety: You are advised to settle for a cycle that is rated highly in regard to safety. The frame will be strong and sturdy, the balance will be right, and the brakes are easy to use yet very effective.
Personal preference, design, cost, brand reputation, and trend also play a vital role in the selection and buying process.
Finding the right adult tricycle isn’t as hard as you may think or have been made to believe. With the right information and knowledge, you will not only identify the right product but will also save time, effort and money. We took time and reviewed different products on the market basing our analysis on reliability, stability, user-friendliness, comfort, effectiveness, maintenance ease, and durability.
The above adult tricycles came top on our review list. They are well made, sturdy, easy to assemble, comfortable and offer a smooth and enjoyable ride. Additionally, they have and still continue to receive positive reviews from both consumers as well as experts. If you desire the best accessory or would like to gift someone the best, all you need is using this top 10 best adult tricycles in 2017 review as your purchasing guide and selecting an item.