Dog chew toys are one of the best ways of keeping your dog smartly busy, happy and mentally stimulated. Give your dog a piece of toy bone and watch him leap around the house in joy. Yeah, some dogs derive extreme happiness in chasing after small round balls around your home, while others simply have an overwhelming inclination for anything chewable.
Clinical findings have also revealed that chew toys aid the oral and mental health of dogs, keeping their minds occupied, their teeth clean while exercising their body. The use of chew toys for dogs also help in changing behavioral problems, and you’re guaranteed that your dog won’t just chew anything that comes its way. The findings also reveal that dogs chewing toys are more likely to sleep-off later on, as against stealing your cloth or bag.
Fascinating, isn’t it? Here, we have put together the top 10 best dog chew toys reviews to guide you in choosing the best chew toy for your dog.
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider when Purchasing a Dog Chew Toy
- Top 10 best Dog Chew Toys Reviews
- 10. Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Textured Ring Dog Chew
- 9. KONG Puppy Kong Toy, Small Assorted Pink/Blue
- 8. Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Toy
- 7. KONG Goodie Bone Dog Toy
- 6. Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone
- 5. Mammoth Flossy Chews Cottonblend Color 3-Knot Rope Tug
- 4. KONG Wobbler Treat Dispensing Dog Toy
- 3. KONG Ball Dog Toy
- 2. Nylabone Big Chew Durable Toy Bone for Large Breeds
- 1. Kong Classic Dog Toy
Things to Consider when Purchasing a Dog Chew Toy
Here are the things you should take into consideration when buying dog chew toys for aggressive chewers or chew toys for puppies:
- Consider the product’s quality–I have always maintained that when it comes to quality, there are no substitutes. Your dog’s health is an invaluable factor to you otherwise; you wouldn’t be exploring different ways to make his/her life better. So, ensure that you are buying a quality product produced by a reliable company. You can consult your vet for advice on which product to buy.
- The toy’s texture– How light or thick is the dog chew toy? Softer or lighter toys are good but won’t last long for aggressive chewers, and may even end up harming your dog. The harder ones are much better as they can last longer and shred slowly.
- The size–Size is very important in getting a result. A small size-chew toy may cause your dog to lose interest as it might be too small for him or her to grab. So, ensure that the size of the chew toy you are buying matches your dog.
- The cost of the chew toy–The size of your budget will always determine what you can buy. Dog chew toys are not that expensive but make sure you buy within your means, so you don’t live to murmur later on.
Top 10 best Dog Chew Toys Reviews
10. Nylabone Dura Chew Plus Textured Ring Dog Chew
This is one of the most trustworthy dogs chew toys you can have in your dog kennel. This is a chew toy that carries a veterinary recommendation, and its design to last up to six months or so, depending on the frequency of attacks from your dog. It comes with multiple textures that lure your dog to the feast while promoting its oral health through the raised bristles. They are built for aggressive chewers.
9. KONG Puppy Kong Toy, Small Assorted Pink/Blue
Dogs need to express their energy, and the KONG Puppy Kong is one treat toy that can get your dog that regular exercise. This chew toy is made of super durable rubber that can withstand even the biggest of all aggressive chewers. The small hole atop this toy gives you the opportunity to put some cheese or peanut butter, add a mixture of dry and wet ingredients, stuff the KONG and freeze it to increase the challenge for your dog.
But if Molly starts playing Kong-fu, don’t come looking for me!
8. Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Toy
This one is specially made for strong chewers, and it’s perfect for aggressive chewing dogs weighing 50 pounds. This version of Nylabone comes with a long-lasting, durable nylon chew and new texture design. The bacon flavor is irresistible, and your dog will easily get to the war front with this toy bone.
Why wait? Give Tilly something to fight for.
7. KONG Goodie Bone Dog Toy
Tell me, what dog can resist a treat-filled bone? Keep your dog busy in removing tantalizing KONG food from this treat dispensing toy bone. This is one incredible dog chew toy from KONG that comes with slots at both ends of the bone. Just put in some treats or peanuts butter and watch as your dog launches wave after wave of attacks.
Not even the Devil can stop him!
6. Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone
Looking for that fantastic chew toy that scrapes tartar, improve gingival and oral health, and occupy your dog’s desire to chew? Call on the NYlabone Wishbone, the mother of strength and hardness! This is a 3-point shape bone that allows your dog to chew safely on the bone much longer without fear of choking. This bone can last up to a year.
You think Charlie is an aggressive chewer? Well, here is a better match for him!
5. Mammoth Flossy Chews Cottonblend Color 3-Knot Rope Tug
Out of the mountain of doggy toys’ comes the Mammoth Flossy dog chews rope toy sent from the heavens to do battle with your dog. If you have a strong dog who needs a great workout now and then, this is one of the most durable rope you will ever find, laced with 3 color fibers that floss your dog’s teeth as he chews and plays.
My money’s on this: your dog can’t win against it!
4. KONG Wobbler Treat Dispensing Dog Toy
Stop that bad feeding habit of your dog by using this easy-to-fill KONG Treat Dispensing Dog Toy feeder. If you want to extend your dog’s feeding time, get him to exercise and make it more fun for him, the Wobbler is sure to get the work done. Built to the highest feeding standard, the KONG Wobbler offers you a better way to eat dinner without a dog whining because she wasn’t invited.
Just put in some treats and let the pooch wobble his way around while you eat conveniently.
3. KONG Ball Dog Toy
Now, who says Bentley can’t play football? The KONG Ball is the most durable and best bouncing ball toy for your dog to chew and toss about. It measures 3-inches in size, with a hole in the center. The ball is made from natural rubber and is ideal for training purposes or some breathtaking and enjoyable rump with your canine friend.
Watch your dog score some goals with this ball.
2. Nylabone Big Chew Durable Toy Bone for Large Breeds
Here is a declaration of war from Nylabone against all large dogs and aggressive chewers. If your dogs think they are great chewers, let them try out this Big Chew Monster from Nylabone. This dog chew toy was primarily designed for large dogs, and it’s so durable that even the rock of Gibraltar can’t tear it asunder. The toy can last you for months.
1. Kong Classic Dog Toy
As a lion is to the jungle, so is the Kong Classic Dog Toy to our top 10 best dog chew toys reviews 2020.
This is the greatest of all dog chew toys in the market. You can stuff a lot of treats in it and allow the pooch to sweat it out as it bounces about; plus it’s extremely ideal for games of fetch. The Kong Classic takes away lowliness from your dog when you’re away from home. It is the perfect thing for older dogs to chew for their oral health.
The Kong Classic comes in various colors and six different sizes, providing you with an array of choices. Till date, most big chewers are still finding ways to conquer the Kong Classic.
This is the greater of the greatest in this world of dogs, and in the one to come!
Buying a dog chew toy may have been difficult before now, especially when you have to take certain things into consideration, such as your dog chewing habit. However, with the relevant information, we have provided above, it is clear that the best dog chew toys are those that can last for months and can keep your dog occupy at all times.
Our top 10 best dog chew toys review 2020 is a summary of some of the best options in the market. But, if you have other alternatives or suggestions, feel free to share with us in the comment section.
Collective effort through aggregate information is best for handling our aggressive chewers.