The right of control or taking a walk is an essential factor in dog ownership. As a dog owner, you may need to walk your dog (depending on the breed) some kilometers away from home most time of the week in order to acquire the right amount of stimulation and exercise aimed at eliminating boredom and destructive activities inimical to your dog’s health. Of course, it’s also important for some people to ensure that their dogs are in proper shape – especially people who get dogs as motivating factors for themselves to walk more than they will normally do.
Now, let’s be realistic. Though some dogs are almost incapable of walking, there are pups that are so strong as such that they will pull with such tenacity to the point that you are being pulled all across town. There are some that just wander about town like Bolton Wanderers, while some others simply refuse to walk altogether. If controlling your dog has become another Vietnam War for you, it is very certain that you won’t be happy about it.
Therefore, what you will require in prevailing is nothing short of a dog harness. Unlike the traditional way of attaching a leash to your dog’s collar, which offers poor control and the tendency of injury to your dog, attaching a harness provides better and proper body coverage, enhancing better point of supportive contact, reducing risk of injuries from leash, as well as enabling you to easily control the dog for security reasons.
This is exactly what this article shall be looking into—taking you through a thorough review of the top 10 best dog harnesses that can make your control and security issues with your dog easier and better.
Table of Contents
- Pre-Purchase Consideration
- Review Of The Top 10 Best Dog Harnesses In 2020
- 10. Escape Proof Outdoor Harness, Reflective Multi-Use Harness for Dogs Hiking, Walking & Climbing
- 9. DEXDOG EZHarness No Pull Reflective Mesh Adjustable Dog Harness
- 8. Unho Dog Body Harness Padded Extra Big Large Medium Small Heavy Duty vary from All kinds of size
- 7. Majestic Pet Dog Harness-Best No Pull Harness for All Dogs-Perfect Lightweight Training & Walking Collar
- 6. Blueberry Pet 5 Colors Soft & Comfortable 3M Reflective Strips Nylon
- 5. Weight Pulling Sledding Dog Harness X-back Style Black/Blue Large
- 4. Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Dog Walking Harness with Plastic Quick Release Buckles
- 3. Chai’s Choice Best Front Range Dog Harness 3M Reflective Outdoor Adventure Pet Vest
- 2. Ruffwear – Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness for Dogs
- 1. PetSafe Easy Walk Harness
Choosing the right harness for your dog can be confusing and financially costly at times, most especially when you’re not sure of what you are looking for. There are things you may have to consider when buying a dog a harness.
- First, you may want to consider WHY you need the harness at all. Are you planning to gain more control over your dog or simply to be able to pull your dog along without hurting her like the way collars normally do? Either way, once you know the answer to this, you have put yourself on the right path to buying the right harness.
- Secondary, you may want to consider the SITUATIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES under which the dog might be that has informed your decision to buy a harness. Are you planning to use your dog as a walk-trainer? Are you taking part in active sports or going to the pool with your dog? For all of these situations, there are special harnesses designed for your comfort as well as that of your dog. Go to the dealer nearest to you and you would get all the necessary information you need, or just go online and do a research concerning that particular area, and you won’t be disappointed.
- Lastly, you may also want to know what TYPE of harness that would suit your purpose. Yes! There are different types of harness for different types of purposes out there in the market.
Also, be mindful that you are not to buy a harness just because it’s cheap or beautiful. Make sure you double-check on the fiber make, whether the harness is adjustable, how many loops points are there, and what is the strength of the harness under consideration. You can solve all these by getting all the relevant information from product reviews online. This way, you won’t make the mistake of buying the wrong harness for your dog.
Review Of The Top 10 Best Dog Harnesses In 2020
Harnesses are essential to control tools, no doubt about that. Thus, the following are information guide to the top 10 best dog harnesses that will make the relationship between you and your dog better in this year, 2020.
10. Escape Proof Outdoor Harness, Reflective Multi-Use Harness for Dogs Hiking, Walking & Climbing
Starting our list of the 10 best dog harnesses in 2020 is the Expowloer Dog Harness. Are you looking for something that’s more secure? Well, you have found it! This harness has an additional belly strap together with a strap linking both chest and front belly section.
It consists of a handle that allows you to pull back your dog or lift it from danger. It is padded but only provides for a back connection. It’s available only in red and camouflage and is somehow expensive.
It has 69% 5-star rating on Amazon after 11 reviews.
- Reflective binding
- Offers a lifting handle that’s compatible with seat belts
- Is padded
- Have five adjustment spots
- Chewable straps
- Leash hook is fragile
- The first-time adjustment can be time-consuming
9. DEXDOG EZHarness No Pull Reflective Mesh Adjustable Dog Harness
Boasting an incredible 79% 5-star rating from 327 users on Amazon, Dexdog is known for more color and proficiency than strict functions. It comes in Blue, Pink, Green, Black, and ranges in different sizes with lots of combinations aimed at satisfying most dog owners.
By virtue of its over-the-head built, it’s meant for quick use. Dexdog has more flexible straps; therefore, it should be a better comfortable option.
- Very easy to put on
- Very light and comfortable
- Has reflective stitching
- Has one year guarantee
- It has no padding
- Just two points for adjustments
8. Unho Dog Body Harness Padded Extra Big Large Medium Small Heavy Duty vary from All kinds of size
While some harness listed here have padding attached to their straps, Unho has straps attached to the padding itself. It is a completely padded harness aimed at controlling your dog’s movements comfortably. It is made with web plastic that allows freedom of movement while offsetting the coverage.
The Unho comes in different colors and sizes, but with no chest adjustable straps. It has 69% 5-star rating from 490 real users on Amazon.
- Totally padded
- Top quality
- Nickel plated hardware for reducing weathering
- Harness designed with full control
- Very easy to put on
- Has top handle
- Lack adjustable chest strap
- Could be prone to tearing
7. Majestic Pet Dog Harness-Best No Pull Harness for All Dogs-Perfect Lightweight Training & Walking Collar
Boasting 61% 5-star rating from 265 reviews, the Majestic Harness is a jack of all trade and master of most. This is a simple harness with adjustable straps, no bells, and whistles, or any complicated thing. Just a single dial and you’re good to go.
Also, it comes in different sizes—small, medium, and large sizes— and colors with taste, as well as a leash that match it designs.
- Very simple and straight forward
- Has six-foot leash
- Easy to adjust
- Flexible and lightweight
- Supports multiple sizes
- Chewed easily
- Has no padding
6. Blueberry Pet 5 Colors Soft & Comfortable 3M Reflective Strips Nylon
This design is suitable for dogs that still need fetching at the dog park. It comes in blue, pink, orange and green colors, with a bit of nice utility breakup pattern. It is a step in harness, with just one buckle in the back that makes it much easier to put on. It can be purchased in small, medium and large sizes.
It has 64% 5-star rating from 158 users on Amazon.
- Very fashionable
- Easy to use
- Has reflective stitching
- Have accessible loops for tags and charms
- Not suitable for little dogs
- Stiffed material
5. Weight Pulling Sledding Dog Harness X-back Style Black/Blue Large
This is a harness wherein the ring for the leash is located on top the dog’s back. These types of harnesses are the most conformable types trekking, strolling and in-car tools that fit many dogs. They are for calm and trained dogs that don’t pull on the leash, and also for little dogs with fragile throats vulnerable to collar damages.
The weight pulling X-Back is a lightweight harness made of durable webbing that is completely resistant to ice and moisture. It’s a very large and comfortable dog harness that has 58% 5-star rating from just 12 users on Amazon.
- High-quality material
- Resistant to moisture and ice
- It has plate padding
- Comes in six different sizes that would suit most dogs
- Easy to pull
- Comfortable for dog use
- Protect fragile neck areas
- Widely available with fashionable patterns and colors
- Limited to dogs having behavior issues
4. Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Dog Walking Harness with Plastic Quick Release Buckles
With clips points on either side of chest and back, Kurgo harness is a perfect choice for daily walking. Like most of its peers listed here, Kurgo is designed to function as a car restraint. This dog harness has options for you to mount a camera that’s active on the back or front chest region of your dog. In this case, you can make use of cameras like the Sony Action and GoPro Cameras that are sold differently from the harness itself.
To ensure a comfortable fitting, the harness comes with five adjustable points and broad padded chest plates. The buckles are made of plastic for quick release, and the harness has a perfect size that fits most dogs. The harness boasts of 65% 5-star rating from 1,283 real-time users on Amazon.
- Strong quality
- Easy wear
- Existing base plates for the mount
- Camera mounting ability
- No amount for the premium version
- Poor customer service
3. Chai’s Choice Best Front Range Dog Harness 3M Reflective Outdoor Adventure Pet Vest
Weighing 7.2 ounces with a size of 22-27 inches, the Chai’s harness comes in 2nd on our list of the top 10 best dog harnesses. This is because; it comes with a lot of features that are simply overwhelming. This harness model combines the features of the other harnesses on this list.
It comes with a padded back and chest plate linked with heavy duty straps. You can attach leashes at the back or in the front. It has four adjustment spots and comes in different sizes and colors.
Smiling with a 70% 5-star rating from a gallant 2,048 customer reviews on Amazon; this particular dog harness is surely a force to reckon with.
- Stylishly built
- Soft padding
- Double attachment points
- Has reflective stitching
- Fully adjustable
- Has top handle
- The thin chaffs may chafe arms under
- Little dogs may wriggle out
2. Ruffwear – Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness for Dogs
Ruffwear provides a bit different experience than its Easy Walk peers. It has a padded chest piece that helps in offsetting strong pulling and avoids further injury to your dog. It comes with two attachment points—the aluminum ring in the back and the other one in the front. It also has four adjustment points, enhancing proper dialing.
Boasting 79% 5-star rating from 2,028 users on Amazon, the Ruffwear harness deserved the second place on our list.
- Well padded
- Has two attachment points
- Suitable for longer treks
- Have no edges for digging into your dog
- Sizing chart may be inaccurate
- The nylon keeping the aluminum ring can wane
1. PetSafe Easy Walk Harness
Looking for the king of harnesses? You have found it—our 1st of the best—PETSAFE!
Petsafe, as the name implies, is the favorite to walk a 60-pound dog. It’s standard harness that comes with the belly, chest and back straps that can be adjusted to fit the comfort of your dog. The outstanding aspect of this one is that the leash is attached to the chest pain upfront, giving you the advantage of turning your dog around to face you, helping them to pay attention to your line of commands.
Now, we didn’t just pick this awesome brand for the sake of just picking. Petsafe boast of a rare 60% 5-star rating after an earth-shattering review from whooping 6,209 customers on Amazon. Ask yourself: how many product brands can undergo such unprecedented reviews and still remain top-notch? None.
Without controversy, Petsafe is the Last Man Standing.
- Comes in different colors and sizes
- Attaches points located upfront
- Belly strap has different color from bottom
- Chest strap distance from throat prevents injury
- No padding
Dogs are regarded as the closest companion to man, but notwithstanding, there is always an air of superiority between the two species—man and beast—as one strive to tower above the other. The best way to keep your dog subjected to you or to keep it away from danger or to guide it on a particular course of action; is by using a dog harness.
From the list that we have reviewed up above, it is clear that there are different types and brands of dog harnesses that you can choose from to achieve your objective as it relates to your dog. And having been guided, you can now make that decision without a further doubt in your mind.
Stay blessed as you do.