A specially designed dog steps or stairs will help aging or ailing dogs, including dogs suffering from arthritis or other joint problems, to easily climb heights like couches, beds or cars in a more comfortable manner. To this end, we bring you the top 10 best dog steps reviews aimed at helping you to make the right selection as a counter measure to nature’s call.
Table of Contents
- The Difference Between Dog Steps And Dog Stairs
- Buying Guides for Best Dog Steps & Stairs
- Top 10 best Dog Steps and Stairs Reviews
- 10. Pup Step Plus Pet Stairs
- 9. Pet Gear Easy IV Pet Stairs, 4-Steps for Cats and Dogs
- 8. Pet Gear Easy Step 11 pet Steps 2-steps 150 Pounds
- 7. Solvit 62320 Deluxe XL Telescoping Pet Step/Ramp
- 6. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Home Décor Pet Steps
- 5. Pet Gear Easy Step III Pet Stairs, 3-Step for cats and dogs
- 4. Best Pet Supplies ST200T-S Foam Pet Stairs/Steps
- 3. Majestic Pet Black Links Pet Stairs
- 2. Armarkat Pet Steps Stairs Ramp for Cats and Dogs
- 1. Pet Studio Pine Frame Dog RampSteps
The Difference Between Dog Steps And Dog Stairs
- Dog Steps consist of 2 to 3 steps primarily meant for dogs (medium breeds) that find it hard to climb the couch or bed themselves.
- On the other hand, Dog Stairs are those with 4 to 5 short steps meant for small breed dogs to help them get on the couch or bed.
But don’t be too carried away by the wordings, as most manufacturers use both words interchangeably to mean the same thing.
Buying Guides for Best Dog Steps & Stairs
Before you will proceed to buy any product, first consider what kind of impediment is facing your dog. Dogs with serious difficulties in walking will find small steps too cumbersome to climb. In this case, a ramp ( a relative of steps & stairs) will come handy because of their flat-out nature.
Nevertheless, the followings are ways to choose a step that will serve your dog better:
- The step size and count – Knowing your dog’s character of climbing steps we help you in determining what size and height each of the steps should be, and how many steps? Has your dog been climbing two extremely high steps? If not, you can decide to get four smaller steps.
- The height & width – Consider the reach you want your dog to attain and take a measurement from the ground to that target point. The measurement will help you to know the right height to buy, and in the case of larger dogs, make sure the steps are wide enough to accommodate your dog without any difficulty in ascending and in descending.
- Protective grip and padding – Some model of stairs comes with padding to ensure comfort and stability. Consider those, and also consider models sold with anti-slip fabric on the stairs. This will offer your dog the much-needed stability and confidence to use the steps.
Top 10 best Dog Steps and Stairs Reviews
10. Pup Step Plus Pet Stairs
- #1 Best Seller in Dog Stairs
The best products are always those that offer top quality combine with high rates of product sold.
Produced by Solvit, a famous producer of pet gears, the Pup Steps comes in small size model—for medium size, dogs weighing 120 pounds—and the extra large size for dogs weighing 200 pounds. This is a plastic built dog stairs, with safety rails to prevent over excited dogs from falling. The Pup Step is foldable and doesn’t need assembly in setting it up. It is very easy and long-lasting.
9. Pet Gear Easy IV Pet Stairs, 4-Steps for Cats and Dogs
If you don’t want to be awake at night to help Billy down or up the dog steps, this is the best solution. The steps in these Pet Gear products are wider and deeper to allow small and large dogs land comfortably. The anti-slip carpeting is completely removable for cleaning purposes, while the rubber pads at the bottom are designed to hold the stairs in place.
These sturdy and durable steps measure 34 inches in length, 16 inches in width, and 30.5 inches in height, for dogs weighing 150 pounds or so. It is very easy to assemble, even without tools
8. Pet Gear Easy Step 11 pet Steps 2-steps 150 Pounds
Pet Gear continue to set the pace with this easy-to-assemble pet steps. This version 11 of the Easy Steps series offers deep and wide steps that will boost the ability of smaller dogs to successfully mount each platform with success while giving older dogs the stability they need. In terms of innovation, each step of the 2-step version is inclined to eliminate stress by reducing the needed amount of steps to climb.
- Also: Dog Food Bowls Reviews
Truly, this is a top quality product capable of holding 150 pounds of dog weight.
7. Solvit 62320 Deluxe XL Telescoping Pet Step/Ramp
Solvit Deluxe brings grace to your dog’s doorsteps with the best combination of price, strength and intuitive features. The climbing angle provides an extra walking space, and the dog ramp is capable of being customized to a length ranging 48 to 87 inches, meaning you can find a more favorable length for your truck, SUV or car. The extra length is what truly makes this product good for trucks.
Your dog would love this.
6. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Home Décor Pet Steps
So you’ve got a new higher bed but your little dog can’t leap onto it? The Dallas says it’s here to make that happen. This dog step is lightweight, with layers of corrugated cardboard that forms the overall design. The cardboard can be removed and wash with ease. The steps come with pads to provide additional support, and with a tote handle at the back. The Dallas is designed to carry about 200 pounds in weight.
Have you some small puppies at home? Here is their stairway to heaven.
5. Pet Gear Easy Step III Pet Stairs, 3-Step for cats and dogs
Whether you have a small or large dog or both, they can only have wider and deeper stairs landing using the Easy Step 111 Pet Stairs from Pet Gear. Each stair is built with a skill to allow your dog to climb with ease while eliminating stress. The wideness and deep nature of these stairs give smaller dogs the ability to place all their body on each platform while offering large dogs stability.
The fact that this product is selling like a rocket shows how good it is.
4. Best Pet Supplies ST200T-S Foam Pet Stairs/Steps
Now, you can get your little dog to that towering couch, truck or bed without breaking a sweat. This Pet Stairs is perfect for small and medium size dogs struggling with height reach. You can comfortably choose between 3 different configurations—3 steps, 4 steps, or 5 steps—for your furniture settings, and put a smile on the furious face of your friend again.
3. Majestic Pet Black Links Pet Stairs
Good news for those dogs and cats suffering from hip and joint problems, the Majestic reliever is in town to set you free from all disabilities. This dog and cat pet stairs design will help your dog to navigate straight into cars, beds, and couch. Coming with a trending design, the Majestic composes of high-density foam with a removable slipcover that further adds glamor to the overall decor-fit design.
Believe me; your puppy is waiting anxiously for you to bring this home.
2. Armarkat Pet Steps Stairs Ramp for Cats and Dogs
Are you looking for a dog or cat stairs/steps that are completely harmless to your pet? Armakat is what you need! This is a very easy-to-use design that you can assemble within seconds of receiving a shipment. It comes with a nice and sturdy fabric design that makes the steps easy for dogs.
The covering material is made of faux fleece while the entire boarding is made from pressed wood, just strong enough to hold 70 pounds of weight.
1. Pet Studio Pine Frame Dog RampSteps
So, we’re rounding up the exploration on how our canine friend can fight back against ailment and old age deprivation, by discovering the Pet Studio Dog RampSteps—a popular product in the market. The Pet Studio stands out as the best dog stairs in the market. Made of durable and solid mahogany furniture, this awesome stairway is capable of holding dogs weighing 130 pounds, and will farewell with larger dogs and small breeds.
The steps are wide enough for your dog to climb with ease, and each of the stairs is well covered with anti-slip carpeting. But what really set this dog stairs apart from the rest is the fact that it can be converted into a dog ramp, in the event that your dog’s mobility keeps dwindling.
Tell me: what else is better?
We have no reason to leave our 4-legger friends at home when we’re out traveling, and the earlier we shop for the right stairs or steps, the better our chance to make a difference in their doggy life. There is no better way to show some love to our dogs than helping them to climb in and out of vehicles, beds or a couch, without risking any form of injury. Our reviews of the top 10 best dog steps in 2019, has provided some useful insight about what, how, and where to buy the best dog steps.
Make your choice today and you will be glad you did.