If you wish to effectively illuminate your driveway, front yard, backyard, garden, billboard, overhead highway signs, building facades and other places, you should consider installing LED-type floodlights. The quality of floodlights has become a concern for many people as they seek to enjoy the best light possible while keeping the power costs low. This comes at a period when insecurity and the cost of energy are on the rise.
LED (Light Emitting Diodes) are revered for their low power consumption, durability, quality and bright light, and versatility. They came in different sizes, shapes, capacities, brands and much more.
Table of Contents
- Choosing a LED Floodlight:
- Here is Our Review List of the Top 10 LED Floodlights in 2017:
- 10. Generic 30W LED White Flood Light
- 9. LEDMO 50-watt Flood Light
- 8. LLT LED COMPACT LED Floodlight
- 7. LE 100W Super Bright Outdoor LED Flood Lights
- 6. All-Pro FSL2030L, LED Floodlight, Bronze
- 5. LE 30W Super Bright Outdoor LED Flood Lights
- 4. Lighting EVER LE 10W RGB LED Flood Lights
- 3. GLW 10w 12v Ac or Dc Warm White Led Flood Light
- 2. Warmoon LYD-FL-GY01 10W Daylight White Motion Sensor Waterproof Flood Light
- 1. Warmoon 10W Waterproof LED Flood Light with US 3
- Related Posts:
Choosing a LED Floodlight:
Matter of fact is there are many kinds of LED floodlights. While this boosts selection, it makes it a challenge to choose a particular light. You can nonetheless have an easier time if you focused on the issues below:
- Lumens: This is the intensity or brightness of a product. The higher the value, the more light it produces.
- Size: It’s crucial to install the right size that isn’t too large or too small. Unlike small spaces, large areas can get away with any size. It’s necessary to note that a large floodlight doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the brightest. It’s possible for a small unit to be brighter than a large one.
- Wattage: Contrary to what many people think, wattage doesn’t signify the amount of light produced. Instead, it depicts the amount of energy the unit consumes to produce the light. An energy-efficient product will produce bright light yet has low wattage.
- Color Temperature: this is the color appearance and is measured in Kelvin. The nearer it is to natural turn on the higher the Kelvin value. The desired color is determined by the area of use, preferred mood, as well as individual preference.
- Area of Use: The design, size, wattage, and lumen of the floodlight are influenced by the area it is supposed to be installed. Larger spaces require more powerful and brighter lights compared to small areas. Small areas like patios, backyards can do with a type that is equivalent to a 70W HPS bulb, medium size (driveway, small gardens, building facade, medium patio…) can use a 120W while large spaces like a large patio, car park, medium garden, loading bay require at least 200W.
Here is Our Review List of the Top 10 LED Floodlights in 2017:
To assist you to buy the right accessory, we have summarized the top 10 best LED Floodlights in 2017. But, do you know what features to look at? Read on to find out.
10. Generic 30W LED White Flood Light
This Led floodlight will replace the conventional high output halogen bulb floodlight. Although it is rated 30 watts, it produces light equivalent to 300 watts from the normal halogen types. It comes in a simple and easy to install design and can be placed in a range of applications. These include billboards, garden, docks, Piazza, gyms, yards and much more.
The waterproof light is loved by many consumers because it’s easy to install, has good coverage, and decent size. Unfortunately, the power cord is a tad bit short, the wiring is in European Standards (not the US), and gets somewhat hot.
9. LEDMO 50-watt Flood Light
Lighting your patio, garden, driveway, billboard, dock, loading bay and other places is easy with the LEDMO 50W light. It comes with a sturdy but light aluminum casing and provides light equivalent to a 250W halogen bulb. Rated at 6000K, it emits white light that is very near natural and is also brilliant (4000 lumens).
Under good care, it should last for as many as 50,000 hours. The merits are; sturdy, long-lasting, easy to install and super bright. The demerits include not being very stylish and tend to become hot.
8. LLT LED COMPACT LED Floodlight
The LLT LED floodlight is rated at 20W and is equivalent to 140W fluorescent. It’s made of cast and machined aluminum and has a waterproof rating of IP 66. The color temperature is 5000K while the brightness level is 1500 lumens. It works with voltages ranging from 100 up to 277 volts AC and will, therefore, work in any part of the world.
Reasons to get this light include solid construction and durable doesn’t rust or corrode, and it’s also strong. You, however, may be concerned by the fairly short wires, limited color choice (brown), and the fairly heavy weight.
7. LE 100W Super Bright Outdoor LED Flood Lights
This led flood light by LE is an excellent choice for homes, offices, warehouses, institutions and other situations. It is a bright light considering it produces up to 10150 lms of light and is close to daylight (6000K). Rated at 100W, which is equivalent to 250W, HPS bulb, this light covers a large area. It comes with an adjustable body and is also waterproof (IP 65).
The light is very strong courtesy of the aluminum material, doesn’t get hot, has good coverage and is also super bright. The only issues are it’s not very ideal for heavy duty application and feel a bit heavy.
6. All-Pro FSL2030L, LED Floodlight, Bronze
The All-Pro FSL2030L is a good option for those searching for a dependable outdoor security light. It’s made from sturdy and long-lasting die-cast aluminum that also resists rust, fading, and corrosion. It’s designed to offer as many as 35000 hours of quality and bright light. The unit comes with a hooded design that not only protects the light fixture from sun and rain but also directs the light.
Many users favor it for its easy installation, decent coverage, and good brightness. Its downsides are it is a bit too white and relatively heavy.
5. LE 30W Super Bright Outdoor LED Flood Lights
Also making it to the list of the top 10 best LED floodlights in 2017 is the LE 30W which produces light equivalent to a 75-watt HPS bulb. The light is powerful considering it’s rated at 2250 lumens. It also produces quality light that is almost as good as daylight (2250 lumens).The 120-degree beam angle covers a large area whereas the lamp can be adjusted in a 150-degree angle.
Its pros include; very durable, perfect daylight white, waterproof, and suitability for both indoor and outdoor use. Its downsides are; it doesn’t come with an outlet plug and may be a bit too bright for small spaces.
4. Lighting EVER LE 10W RGB LED Flood Lights
Made of strong and long-lasting aluminum, the Lighting Ever (LE) floodlight can be used indoors or outdoors. It’s a fancy light that comes with multiple colors and also dimmable. It is waterproof (IP66), works with a 3-plug, and perfect for the garden, dock, patio, backyard, front yard, driveway and other places. You are offered 4 color patterns; flash, strobe, smooth and fade.
Its strong points are; it doesn’t dissipate too much heat, produces high-quality light, and is also very compact. Unfortunately, the case is fairly large, the mounting bracket isn’t the best, and the remote is small and feels cheap.
3. GLW 10w 12v Ac or Dc Warm White Led Flood Light
The 10-watt GLW LED floodlight is equivalent to an 80-watt halogen bulb light. It’s made from metal and salinity and comes in a black case and a glass front. The unit runs on 12 volts, produces 750 lumens of light, and between 2700-3200 K of warm white light. When handled properly, this floodlight will offer as many as 50,000 hours of quality light.
It’s a popular choice because of its solid construction, simplicity, versatility and fits well in small places. However, it’s not designed to work directly with 110 or 220-240 AC and requires an adapter. It’s also not the brightest, and the descriptions can be somewhat confusing.
2. Warmoon LYD-FL-GY01 10W Daylight White Motion Sensor Waterproof Flood Light
Although its only 10 watts, the Warmoon LYD-FL-GY01 is among the powerful LED floodlights on our list. It emits very strong white light that covers a large area. The unit comes with a built-in motion sensor that turns on the light after detection motion from people, animals, and other objects. The floodlight is waterproof and is IP65 rated and is suitable for indoor as well as outdoor use.
Key pros are its nice white light, simple installation, and good strong light. People also love the fact that the front is made from glass and not plastic. However, it’s a bit small, and the light doesn’t cover an enormous area.
1. Warmoon 10W Waterproof LED Flood Light with US 3
The Warmoon 10W LED Flashlight is popular in homes, hotels, offices, institution, warehouses, parks and many the places. It’s a low consumption unit that produces brilliant white light. Due to its simple design, the floodlight can be installed almost anywhere with minimal hassle. It’s also great to use in wet areas since its waterproof rated at IP65.
And to improve its versatility, it features a wide voltage range of between 85 and 265 volts. Low energy consumption, great functioning, and powerful light are its main positives. Sadly, it’s not a big unit, doesn’t have an enormous coverage, and the remote control is also small.
There goes our list of the top 10 best LED Floodlights in 2017. All the products score well when it comes to quality of light, brightness, ease of installation, reliability, energy efficiency, affordability and color temperature among other things. In the review, we looked at products that can be used in day to day applications including lighting the yard, garden, patio, lawn, building facades, driveway, and other situations. In addition to enjoying quality bright light, this floodlights will also keep the power bills manageable.