Pepper spray is great for self-defense if you frequently walk on lonely streets very late at night or very early in the morning. If you get attacked, a pepper spray will help you disable your attacker temporarily. This enables you to escape and save your life.
There are different types of pepper sprays. They vary depending on what you would like to protect yourself from. There are sprays for humans and animals. For this reason, it is important to know what you would like to protect yourself from to ensure you get the right spray.
It is also important to know how to use the pepper spray before you buy it. Learn how to dispense it and how to take care of yourself in case you get exposed to it.
See more: Top 10 Best Night Vision Glasses in 2018
Table of Contents
- Best Pepper Spray in 2018 Review
- 10. Mace Brand Pepper Spray Key Guard Key Chain
- 9. SABRE Red Pepper Spray
- 8. Sabre- Red Pepper Spray for college students
- 7. Police Magnum Pepper Spray with UV Dye and Flip Top
- 6. Sabre, Red Pepper Spray- Police Strength – Tactical Series with Locking Top
- 5. SABRE Red Pepper Gel – Police Strength – with Key Case
- 4. SABRE 3-IN-1 Pepper Spray
- 3. Sabre, Red Pepper Spray, Compact Size with Clip
- 2. Police Magnum OC Pepper Spray with UV Dye and Twist Top
- 1. Sabre, Red Lipstick Pepper Spray
- Pre-Purchase Consideration
Best Pepper Spray in 2018 Review
10. Mace Brand Pepper Spray Key Guard Key Chain
The Mace-Brand Pepper Spray is a key chain pepper spray. This pepper spray is slight but does a very good job of protecting you in the event of an attack. This pepper spray contains 10% Oleoresin Capsicum (0C) pepper that burns the skin, causes choking and watery eyes. The pepper spray also features a keychain which makes it possible for you to attach it to your keys to make it less noticeable. With the Mace- brand pepper spray, you can disable your attacker from a distance of up to 5 ft.
The pepper spray also features a keychain which makes it possible for you to attach it to your keys to make it less noticeable. With the Mace- brand pepper spray, you can disable your attacker from a distance of up to 5 ft.
9. SABRE Red Pepper Spray
Red pepper sprays are considered to be the best pepper sprays by both consumers and law enforcement agencies. This pepper spray comes in a very small compact size that makes it very easy to carry while on the go. It features a keychain that makes it possible to attach it to your keys for an even more convenient carry.
You also get to help millions of people who have breast cancer by purchasing this pepper spray. This is because a portion of the sales made from selling this pepper spray is donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. You can spray as far as 10 ft. with this pepper spray, and it produces about 25 bursts that are stronger than most competing brands.
See more: Top 10 Best Monoculars in 2018
8. Sabre- Red Pepper Spray for college students
Pepper spray was designed for college students but can be used by anyone who needs to protect themselves from attacks. It has a pepper gel formula that resists wind blowback thereby ensuring that only the attacker suffers the effects of the spray.
This feature also makes it suitable for indoor use It also features a quick release key ring that makes it possible for you to easily separate the spray from your keys thereby preventing exposing yourself to the spray. It is small and very easy to use.
See more: Top 10 Best Game & Trail Cameras in 2018
7. Police Magnum Pepper Spray with UV Dye and Flip Top
Pepper spray contains the most concentrated pepper spray formulation allowed by law. In fact, it is the same pepper spray that is used by police officers. This pepper spray features a UV dye which makes it possible for the police to identify the suspect later.
It can be operated using one hand and provides numerous blasts. Your attacker will immediately experience difficulty breathing, a runny nose, watery eyes, and continuous coughing.
6. Sabre, Red Pepper Spray- Police Strength – Tactical Series with Locking Top
Pepper spray enables you to protect yourself from a safe distance. You can spray up to 20 bursts at 10 feet distance. Apart from this, this pepper spray also includes a locking top safety mechanism which prevents accidental discharge.
See more: Top 10 Best Lensatic Compasses in 2018
It also features a cone delivery which enables you to target your attacker’s entire face. It is perfect for police officers and civilians
5. SABRE Red Pepper Gel – Police Strength – with Key Case
You have an active lifestyle; this pepper spray is perfect for you. It features a flip-top design which offers you a secure hand grip that makes it easy for you to deploy. The flip-top design is also important because it prevents accidental discharge. The pepper spray does not require too much pressure to use.
This makes it perfect for seniors. The gel formula prevents wind blowback thereby ensuring only the attacker suffers the effects of the spray.
See more: Top 10 Best Cycling Glasses in 2018
4. SABRE 3-IN-1 Pepper Spray
Sabre 3-IN-1 pepper spray is also an excellent choice. This pepper spray has a 10 ft range and provides 35 bursts. This pepper spray has a maximum strength formula which eliminates 30% failure rate that is experienced in other brands. It also contains a UV marking dye that makes it possible to identify the suspect easily.
See more: Top 10 Best Swim Trunks for Men in 2018
Apart from this, the pepper spray features a stream delivery that prevents wind blowback.
3. Sabre, Red Pepper Spray, Compact Size with Clip
You are looking for a durable pepper spray; this is the pepper spray to get. It has a 4-year shelf life and very good features to ensure you protect yourself in the face of danger. It contains 35 bursts and can be deployed at a 10-foot range. The pepper spray is also designed in a way that prevents wind blowback thereby ensuring only your attacker is affected by the spray.
Last but not least, this pepper spray has a reinforced safety system that ensures you do not get exposed to the spray.
2. Police Magnum OC Pepper Spray with UV Dye and Twist Top
Magnum, 2- Pack pepper spray is a great product. You get two high-quality pepper sprays in one purchase at a very affordable price. These pepper sprays contain the most powerful pepper spray solution permitted by law. They are mostly used by police officers but can also be used by civilians. The pepper sprays provide multiple bursts and can be deployed from a large range. It is non-toxic, non-flammable and very easy and safe to use.
1. Sabre, Red Lipstick Pepper Spray
Red Lipstick pepper spray is also a great pepper spray. The great thing about this pepper spray is the fact that no one can tell; it is a pepper spray at first glance because it looks like lipstick. It can be deployed at a distance of up to 10 feet and contains about 10 bursts. This pepper spray is also very safe to carry around and prevents accidental discharge.
This is made possible by the lipstick safety cap. The pepper spray also comes with training instructions that enable you to understand how to use the pepper spray fully. Last but not least, it is small and very effective for disabling an attacker.
See more: Top 10 Best Basketball Bags in 2018
Sabre, Red Lipstick Pepper Spray is by far one best pepper spray in 2018. It has a unique design that makes it impossible for anyone to tell you are carrying pepper spray, it contains a very strong pepper spray formulation that immediately disables your attacker, and it is very easy to use Apart from this, it is very affordable and safe.
Sabre 3-IN-1 pepper spray is also a great alternative. The thing that makes it stand out is the UV marking dye that makes it possible for you to identify your attacker easily. However, any of the pepper sprays on this list are great for protecting yourself against attackers.
However, before you make the decision to get a pepper spray, there are some things you should consider.
- Size: The size of pepper spray is very important. This is because it determines how much you will be able to dispense and for how long. If you are looking for a pepper spray that you can use on the go, a smaller unit will work best for you For small units; you can choose between the pocket clip or keychain paper sprays. Medium sized pepper sprays are perfect for carrying in purses, and larger ones are great for carrying on belt holsters.
- State Laws: Pepper sprays are legal in all states. However, different laws in each state govern how pepper sprays are used In some states, you are not allowed to use more than the specified amount of pepper spray on an attacker, and in others, you are only allowed to buy the pepper sprays in certain places. Therefore, it is important to find out what your state’s laws are on pepper sprays before getting one.