If you are going to buy the two-wheel scooters, there are several factors that you will have to consider. First and foremost, you should bear in mind that technology has in the past few years in this industry has progressed a great deal. No scratch that, it has skyrocketed.
You can’t compare the two wheel scooters available in the market currently with those that were available some years ago. There are some significant differences to be noted. With these differences come an increased difficulty in making a choice.
Today, however, we endeavor to help you make the best choice. Below is a guide complete with reviews to help you make the right choice when you are shopping for a two-wheel scooter.
Table of Contents
- Consider before you are purchasing a two-wheeled scooter
- 10. Jetson V8 Self-Balancing Scooter
- 9. Swagtron T5 – UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard
- 8. Official Halo Rover Hoverboard
- 7. Girosmart Two Wheels Electric Smart Balancing Scooter
- 6. Skque – UL2272 (MAX 220 lbs) Self Balancing Scooter / Hoverboard
- 5. EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board
- 4. SWAGTRON T1 – UL 2272 Certified Electric Self-Balancing Scooter
- 3. EPIKGO Sports Balance Board Self Balance Scooter
- 2. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter
- 1. Powerboard by HOVERBOARD – UL 2272 Certified 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter
Consider before you are purchasing a two-wheeled scooter
If you are making a purchase for a child who is less than 12 years of age, stop right now. Two wheel scooters are designed for adults and kids who are aged 12 and above. Two-wheeled scooters, especially those that are electric car pose a real threat to the safety of your little one.
Even those kids aged 12 and above, those in their teens, have to be in the right attire and safety gear and have adult supervision for the same.
Do not purchase a scooter going by the brand alone just because it is cheap!
While many of the lower costing brands may be safe and follow all rules and regulations about manufacture, there are higher chances of you getting a knock off and a defective product.
And since you do not want your scooter to overheat or worse still catch fire while your child is having the time of his/her life.
Before you purchase the scooter, clearly understand the rules about using a two-wheeled scooter in your area.
Some cities like New York and London do not allow two-wheeled scooters on their sidewalks. Some airlines have banned their use. In the event you plan to have a free ride, you should make sure that you are not breaking the law.
|Smart Electric Self Balancing Hoverboard - 2018 Two Wheel Balance Hover Board Segway Scooter w/...||$119.99||Buy on Amazon|
10. Jetson V8 Self-Balancing Scooter
It features independent gyros which ensure you have a smooth ride and run on two 400 W motors. These provide you with the power to travel at fast speeds. Not at the speed of light of course, but you get the point.
It comes with 3-speed mode and has wheels measuring 8.5” perfect for all terrains and weathers.
- Great quality
- Beats many scooters in power hands down
- It may not be available at most stores (it is in high demand)
9. Swagtron T5 – UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard
This is a one of a kind scooter. It boasts of speeds of up to 7 mph with a 7-mile range. At 187 lbs. It is relatively light to be carried around. It has all electrical safety tests conducted and has been determined to be safer than most there is. With its new features, including rubber bumpers, battery indicators, and a learning mode what’s not to love about this scooter?
It features an SWAGTRON SentryShield smart system to manage your battery and provides different levels of cover layers for the protection of your skateboard.
- It comes with a gear stabilization for tighter control
- It is easy to learn
- It features the latest technology in saving battery
- It cannot run on a dirt road
8. Official Halo Rover Hoverboard
Needless to say, this hoverboard is safety certified. It has passed all safety regulation that has been authorities by the presiding body in the industry. It features an exclusive Halo technology that includes Halo sensors which help to give you a smooth ride. It comes enabled with Bluetooth and a mobile application app which aids in playing music on the go. With this self-balancing scooter, you will have entertainment to the fullest.
What more, you can ride it on all terrains. Without having to carry it home. Add to this its three riding modes, learning, normal and the advanced mode, and you will be on the moon.
- It is water resistant
- It has a sturdy aluminum guard and frame
- It has a tracking application installed for when it gets stolen (God Forbid)
- It is only available in one size
7. Girosmart Two Wheels Electric Smart Balancing Scooter
This is a one of a kind scooter. It comes with a Lithium Ion Battery from Panasonic Sanyo and features two electric engines each 350 watts. In addition to this, it is created with Smart Technology which includes a Smart CPU to protect it from overcharge and discharge, optimizes the battery, helps the system to recover from Kinetic Energy and accurately calculates your balance as you cruise down the streets.
The maximum weight it can carry is 265 pounds and can travel at a top speed of 6.2 mph though this is dependent on the weight and pressure exerted, It should go for an average of 15 miles before its battery needs recharging.
- It is very fast
- It is easy to learn
- It features the latest technology in saving battery
- It cannot run on a dirt road despite its 6.5” wheels
6. Skque – UL2272 (MAX 220 lbs) Self Balancing Scooter / Hoverboard
It has met all the safety regulations that are required by the authorities. As such you can rest assured that it is up to par and will keep you safe at all times. It has gyro sensors which provide you with a smooth ride all through even when you are on a somewhat rough terrain.
Adding to this, it features a wireless Bluetooth speaker to keep you entertained as you are cruising down the streets. At night it has LED lighting to alert other motorists of your presence on the road as well. It comes in a variety of colors which is perfect for many users.
- It comes in many colors to the fancy of the rider
- It has inbuilt wireless Bluetooth speakers
- It has LED lights to keep you safe
- It is sturdy
- It has a one year warranty
- It is slightly expensive for many
5. EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board
If you would like to take the fun a notch higher and on practically any terrain, this could be a great option for you. With solid rubber tires, dual 400W motors, this little beauty is going to conquer just about anything you throw under its wheels.
The highly and diversely tested battery is going to be a great addition that allows you to enjoy riding for longer hours. It also has a fast 2-hour fast charge technology that ensures you’re back to having your fun faster.
- Large rubber tires that can roll over grass and small pebbles
- Fast charging battery that requires only two hours to charge
- Has a one-year limited warranty
- Powerful motor to propel the two wheel scooter
- Semi-submersible built frame
- LED lighting for low light intensity riding
- Does not feature a gear stabilization unit which makes it less suitable for the less experienced riders
4. SWAGTRON T1 – UL 2272 Certified Electric Self-Balancing Scooter
With speeds of up to 8mph, you can enjoy the gushes of the wind rushing against your face and get to ride up to 11 miles on a single charge. This is the best option if you’re looking for a great self-balancing scooter that is going to be fun for hours and hours. With this option, you also get to enjoy the patented Swagtron.
SentryShield smart battery management system that is going to give you more hours of fun and less charging time.
- Incredible speeds of up to 8 MPH
- Can run up to 11 miles on a single charge
- Features LED headlights and battery indicators for better riding even in low light intensity
- Better and tighter control courtesy of the upgraded gear stabilization unit
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Weighing 220 pounds places the self-balancing scooter on the heavier side
3. EPIKGO Sports Balance Board Self Balance Scooter
This is the safest product in the market. It had undergone a series of tests, 159 to be precise before it was launched for use by the general public. All these safety tests were to ensure that it does not catch fire when being ridden. Unlike many other two-wheeled scooters, it comes packing in more power given the 400W motors (dual) that it runs on.
With these motor, it can climb slopes elevated at 18 degrees. It has the potential to go to a top speed of 10 mph on a single charge. This makes it one of the most powerful there is in the market. Its tires are streamlined allowing it to move faster than many scooters.
It has fast charging technology that ensures you are back on the road in no time.
- It is very fast and powerful
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty
- It is safe
- It is quite expensive. But with all the sophisticated features that it comes with, it is expected
2. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter
This is probably one of the smartest scooters there is today. Made by one of the trusted companies in the world, you can rest assured of having the best. It is UL 2272 certified and its technology patented.
It cruises silently at a constant speed of 8 miles per hour and runs on a 350-watt motor. The battery runs for a total of 60 minutes and can be used by riders weighing up to 220lbs.
Its lithium battery pack, 36 V is easy and fast to be changed. It has power indicators that tell you when the battery needs charging and when it is full.
- It is sleek in design and attractive
- It is durable and powerful
- It is slightly expensive than most
1. Powerboard by HOVERBOARD – UL 2272 Certified 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter
This is one of the best mid-range two-wheeled scooters there is on the market today. It is certified and will provide you with peace of mind from the get go. It weighs 27 pounds and can run for a total of 12 miles on a single charge and move at a speed of 6.5 miles per hours.
It is the perfect scooter for those who do not have long distances to travel, and if they do they have to travel long distances, they have the flexibility of taking stops to recharge.
More about Hoverboard Scooters.
- It is pretty fast
- It has simple and smooth acceleration
- It has a one year warranty
- It will take a while before you get a hand of riding it
Technology has come a long way. We have to acknowledge this much. But with the progress in technology, we have to be very cautious to choose the very best there is in the market.